goa state governrment ready to give one more chance to arihant for removal of river princess

0
601

18-feb-2013 … Looking in to the interest of the state tourism and specially the candolim coastal belt Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar on Monday said that the state tourism department was ready to give another chance M/s Arihant Ship Breakers to remove the remains of M V River Princess buried off Sinquerim-Candolim coast

Speaking to goanreporter over the issue of the remains of river princess along the candolim coast tourism minister Dilip Parulekar said that the monitoring committee was supposed to meet in this week to take stock of the situation and the concerned company had been asked to come forth with its action plan to complete the work before the start of the rainy season.

Parulekar said that the state government was keen to see that whatever was still buried under the sea bed was removed 100 per cent and also stated that no payments would be released to the company till the work was done up to the state government satisfaction and certified by the NIO