Fire Officials informed that Today at 19.19 hrs. received phone call from control room Panaji informing that a fire took place at Peddem Piquem, Anjuna Goa.
Accordingly to the Fire dept officials visited the spot and found one tea stall/gadda has caught fire. Fire brigade staff who visited the spot extinguished the fire and called 108 ambulance who later shifted the injured person namely Denson D’souza aged about 40 years and lady namely Reshma Uskaikar to hospital.
Enquiry conducted with one Sachin Kalangutkar who was present at spot reveled that the said gadda was run by Reshma Uskaikar and today during Laxmi poojan accidentally the said fire broke out and same was resulted in cylinder blast and as a result the above persons who were present at the spot have sustained injuries.
Further the injured person Denson D’souza was declared brought dead at Asilo hospital.
Total loss caused is approx. Rs. 80,000/