19/11/2014 ….. The 45th International Film Festival of India will be held from 20th November 2014 to 30th November 2014. As the event is of International level, various film personalities, media, etc, will be arriving to witness the same.
The Opening Ceremony and the Closing ceremony will be held at Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium, Taleigao and all the remaining events will be held at Kala Academy, Inox and Maquinez Palace.
The open screening for public will be held at the Bandodkar Football Ground, Campal during the festival. For the smooth movement of vehicular traffic during the festival period, elaborate traffic arrangements have been made as follow:
1. Those attending the Opening & Closing Ceremony at Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium, Taliegao Plateau (20/11/2014 & 30/11/2014) and coming from North & South Goa (except Panaji) are requested to come via NH 17 and on reaching GMC Bambolim take Goa University road and come up to the function place.
2. Those coming from Panaji will be diverted at Miramar towards Hotel Goa International to proceed to the function place via Caranzalem – Dona Paula. On their return journey they should take the road from Dona Paula to Miramar.
3. The INOX lane (General Bernard Guedes Road) i.e. road leading to D.B. Marg from Panaji market along INOX complex will be closed near CCP market complex for entire period of 11 days.
4. Car passes will be issued by ESG indicating the category of the pass and respective parking lots.
5. The parking lots identified for the Opening and Closing Ceremony are:
i) VVIP: At parking lot inside Dr. Shyama Prasad Stadium.
ii) VIP, Media & OB Van: In the open space adjacent to the stadium towards GMC side.
iii) Officials and Delegates Coach: In the open space opp. SPM Stadium.
iv) Invitees: In open space near Goa University for invitees coming from Dona Paula side, Jubilee Hall and opp. ETDC for invitees coming from GMC side.
6. During the screening at Kala Academy on 20/11/2014, vehicles with VVIP Passes will be parked in the Kala Academy parking lot and the other VIP & Invitees vehicles will be parked at SAG Ground Campal.
7. On other days during the festival period, the vehicles with car pass only will be allowed to park in the Kala Academy parking lot, INOX parking lot, the service lane along INOX theatre and remaining vehicles at SAG Ground and Campal Parade Ground.
8. The general public attending the screening at Bandodkar Football Ground are requested to park their vehicles at SAG ground or at Campal Parade Ground.
9. No vehicles will be allowed to be parked on the D.B.B. Marg.
The motorists are requested to note the same and co-operate with Traffic Police to ensure smooth flow of traffic in the city and at the venues of the festival.