20/11/2014 ….. The Sacred Relics of St. Francis Xavier at Old Goa will be kept for veneration at St. Cathedral Church, Old Goa from 22/11/2014 to 04/01/2015.
During this period, a large number of devotees are expected to visit Goa.
It is obvious that the movement of various types of vehicles in and around Old Goa will increase manifold.
To facilitate free movement of vehicular traffic and proper parking in and around Old Goa Church complex, a detail traffic circulation plan has been drawn by Traffic Police for the entire Exposition period from 22/11/2014 to 04/01/2015.
arrangements are as follows
A. Panaji to Old Goa via Ribandar
1. There will be Special Buses to ferry passengers from Panaji to Old Goa via Ribandar. The Special Buses from Panaji to Old Goa will proceed via Ribandar and on reaching Dempo Engineering at Old Goa, will take left turn to enter the Bhakia Property for parking at Bhakia Bus Stand.
2. The Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers on reaching Dempo Engineering at Old Goa will take left turn to enter Bhakia property for parking.
3. Vehicles having VIP Car Pass will be allowed to come up to the entry road to Exposition Office and will be parked at Exposition Office courtyard.
4. The vehicles carrying Disabled Persons will be allowed to come up to Old Goa Church Junction and park their vehicles in the open space opposite Sulabh Sauchalaya near Old Goa Panchayat.
5. The vehicles parked in Bhakia property, Exposition Office courtyard and in the open space opposite Sulabh Sauchalaya near Old Goa Panchayat on their return journey to Panaji, will take the same route via Ribandar.
B. Panaji to Old Goa via Kadamba By-Pass
1. Panaji to Ponda Route Buses will not be allowed to proceed via Ribandar. Instead, they will be diverted at KTC Circle to proceed via Kadamba By-Pass (NH-4A).
2. The Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers on reaching Kamat Gas Station junction will take left turn towards Santa Monica Nunnery and on reaching at St. Augustine Tower junction will take further left turn and on reaching Habitat junction will take right turn and on reaching Dempo Engineering will take left turn to enter Bhakia property for parking.
3. All Heavy and Medium Vehicles will be diverted via Kadamba Bye-Pass NH-4A. Once the new four lane road is ready the same will be made ONE-WAY from Sunshine junction to Neura junction and the old NH-4A By-Pass will be ONE-WAY from Neura junction to Sunshine junction.
4. The new road connecting Kadamba By-Pass to Santan Church will be One-Way from Kadamba By-Pass towards Santan. Similarly it will be “No Entry” for Medium and Heavy vehicles from both sides i.e. from Santan Church and from Kadamba By-Pass.
5. On Opening, Closing, Holidays and Feast Day, the Heavy and Medium Goods Vehicles wanting to proceed via Old Goa will be diverted at Karaswada Junction on NH-17 and at Banastarim Junction on NH-4A to proceed via Amona Bridge.
C. South Goa Vehicles
1. The road from Pilar to Old Goa will be made One-Way for the movement of traffic. No vehicle from Old Goa will be allowed to return via Neura. All vehicles shall exit via NH-4A at Merces or light vehicles can exit via new road to Santan Church.
2. Four Wheelers from South Goa will be allowed to come up to Ella Farm Gate and will park in the Ella Farm field, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Service open space.
3. Two wheelers will be parked in the private property prior to Neura junction and in the parking lots behind the Bom Jesus of Basilica.
4. Buses coming from South Goa via Neura road on reaching Ella Farm main gate will take left turn and come to Bus Stand at Kunkolkar School Ground and will exit on NH-4A for onward journey.
D. Ponda Side Vehicles
1. Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers coming from Ponda side on reaching near Pinto Garage will take left turn for parking at the ground behind Pinto Garage.
2. Ponda to Old Goa Buses on reaching near Madkaikar Plaza will take right turn near Hubbard Chicken Farm for parking.
3. For return journey, the two wheelers and four wheelers will take the same route to go towards Ponda.
4. The normal traffic from Ponda wanting to go to Panaji on reaching near Dargah junction at Old Goa will take Kadamba By-Pass (NH-4A).
5. Ponda to Panaji Route Buses will not be allowed to proceed via Old Goa Church complex. Instead, they will be diverted at Dargah Junction to proceed via Kadamba By-Pass (NH-4A).
6. Heavy vehicles coming from Ponda side will be diverted at Banastarim Junction via Amona Bridge to join NH-17 at Karaswada.
7. The stretch of road between Old Goa Police Station to Church junction via MLA Madkaikar House will be made One-Way. No vehicle from Church junction will be allowed to take right turn to reach Old Goa Police Station via MLA Madkaikar House.
E. Gaundalim Side Vehicles
1. Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers and Mini Buses coming from Gaundalim side on reaching near Shri Ramesh Naik residence will be parked in the property of Shri Ramesh Naik.
2. On their return journey, the vehicles will use the same route towards Gaundalim.
3. No Heavy and Medium vehicles will be permitted on this road. Heavy vehicles will be diverted at Marcel to proceed towards Banastarim.
F. Diwar Vehicles
1. The vehicles coming from Diwar to Old Goa will proceed via Viceroy’s Arch and will be parked in the courtyard of St. Cajeton Church.
2. The vehicles coming from Diwar will proceed through Viceroy’s Arch and Arch of Conception to go towards Ponda and Panaji.
3. Vehicles from Ponda side wanting to proceed to Diwar will take right turn near Old Goa Petrol Pump to come on to Gaundalim road and then take left turn near Ramesh Naik house, to proceed to Diwar jetty.
4. The vehicles coming from Gaundalim side and desiring to proceed to Diwar will take right turn near Ramesh Naik house to proceed to Diwar jetty.
5. The vehicles coming from Panaji via Ribandar to go to Diwar will take left turn at Old Goa Church junction, take route towards St. Catherine Chapel and thereafter take left turn on the new by-lane to go to Diwar jetty.
6. The lane connecting Gaundalim road to Arch of Conception will be No Entry.
7. The road from Old Goa Church junction towards Diwar Ferry via St. Catherine Chapel will be made One-Way.
8. No Heavy and Medium vehicles will be allowed to cross Diwar ferry. All such vehicles will use Ribander ferry to enter and exit Diwar.
II. PARKING LOTS:
A. Panaji – Old Goa (via Ribandar) Vehicles
Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers coming from Panaji side via Ribandar, will be parked at Bhakia Property. Two wheelers will also be parked at Budhashet Property.
B. Panaji – Old Goa (via Kadamba Bye-Pass) Vehicles
Vehicles coming from Panaji side via new Kadamba By-Pass (NH-4A), will be diverted near Kamat Gas Station to proceed for parking at Bhakia Property taking left near St. Augustin Tower junction.
C. South Goa Side Vehicles
Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers coming from South Goa side will be parked at Ela Farm, at Animal Husbandry Premises and at Open space on either side of highway near Neura Junction. Two wheelers will also be parked in private property prior to Neura junction.
D. Ponda Side Vehicles
Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers coming from Ponda side, will be parked at open ground near Pinto Garage. Two Wheelers will also be parked at two open Plots belonging to Mr. Colaco and Mr. Sequeira opposite MLA Madkaikar’s Residence.
E. Gaundalim Side Vehicles
Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers coming from Gaundalim side, will be parked near Ramesh Naik House.
F. Diwar Side Vehicles
Two Wheelers and Four Wheelers coming from Diwar Ferry will be parked in the courtyard of St. Cajetan Church.
III. Parking for Vehicles with Parking Passes
1. VIP vehicles will be parked in the courtyard of Exposition Office.
2. Priest vehicles in the compound behind Basilica of Bom Jesus.
3. Church Volunteers in the asphalted parking area behind Sulabh Souchalaya.
4. Police vehicles and vehicles of Disabled Persons, at open space opposite Sulabh Souchalaya and Court Yard of Village Panchayat, Old Goa.
5. Two wheeler parking of Policemen, at Coconut Groves near Old Goa Jetty.
IV. BUS STANDS:
1. Panaji – Old Goa Buses via Ribandar road, at Bhakia Property.
2. Panaji – Old Goa Buses via Kadamba Road, along new 4-lane road behind MLA Madkaikar House.
3. South Goa – Old Goa Buses, at Kunkalkar School Ground.
4. Ponda – Old Goa Buses, near Hubbard Farm.
5. Gaundalim – Old Goa Buses in private property of Ramesh Naik.
6. Buses of Devotees and Tourists, behind MLA Madkaikar’s house on new alignment of Kadamba By-Pass (NH-4A).
V. ROAD CLOSURES:
1. The stretch of road between Old Goa Church junction to Gandhi Circle will be closed for all types of vehicles except emergency vehicles like Police, Ambulance and Fire Brigade.
2. The ring round road connecting Old Goa Church junction to St. Catherine Chapel to Arch of Conception to Petrol Pump to Old Goa Police Station to MLA Madkaikar house to Old Goa Church junction will be ONE-WAY.
All the motorists are requested to kindly follow the traffic circulation plan and to cooperate with Traffic Police, to ensure smooth flow of traffic.